High Speed Heavy-Duty/Automotive Oil Filter Crusher
No. 1896 - 25-ton, high-speed oil filter
crusher. Comes assembled. Includes two
gallons of hydraulic oil. Wt., 363 lbs.
With 25 tons of crushing force, automotive
filters and big heavy-duty filters (up to 15 1 /4"
long and 6" in diameter) are crushed in just
8 to 16 seconds. The filters are reduced to
only 20% of their original size, and even
after pre-draining, 95% of the residual oil is
removed. The 1896 is loaded with other
features as well:
- Automatic cycle feature that lets you load the
filter, push a button, and walk away. The retract
switch allows for faster cycle operation.
- Stamps "OTC 25" onto the filter during crushing
to show it's been crushed by 25 tons of force.
- A shield that protects the operator, and a
security switch prevents operation if the shield
is lifted during crushing.
- Built-in heavy-duty floor stand with leveling
pads is designed to accept a 30-gallon drum
for oil drainage.
- A drain pan and grate to store filters, crushed
or uncrushed. Drain pan may also be plumbed
directly to a waste oil system.
- Powered by an electric/hydraulic pump, 230
volt, 20 amp, 60 cycle, single phase, 3450 rpm,
2 hp, with two-stage gear pump, and equipped
with a two-gallon reservoir. The long-life
hydraulic ram was specially designed for this
- Rugged tie rod design. Super quiet operation.